IPValue Management, Inc. is a limited liability company organized under the laws of the state of Delaware. References in this policy to 'we', 'us' or 'IPValue' are references to IPValue Management, Inc. and its affiliated entities.
Reference in this notice to 'personal data' means any information that identifies, or could reasonably be used to identify, a living individual, either on its own or together with other information.
IPValue is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read this notice carefully to understand our practices with respect to personal data.
As a professional services company, we receive personal data as part of our professional activities. We may collect your personal data:
- As part of our business intake procedures;
- When you or your organization seek business services or employment from us;
- When you or your organization offer or provide services as our vendor;
- When you browse or interact with our website(s);
- When you email us or provide such data to us in other circumstances, such as when you request details about or attend a firm sponsored event, or when you engage in business development discussions that may originate through our website email: BD@ipvalue.com
The personal information that we collect and process may include:
- Basic information, such as your name, your employer and your title or position;
- Contact information, such as your physical address, email address and phone number(s);
- Financial information, such as bank account details;
- Information you provide to us for the purposes of attending meetings and events, including access and dietary requirements;
- Identification and background information provided by you or collected by us as part of our business acceptance processes;
- Personal information provided to us by or on behalf of our clients, partners and employees or generated by us in the course or providing business services and employment, which may include special categories of data;
- Details of your visits to our offices; and
- Any other information relating to you which you may provide to us.
IPValue operates globally and a list of our offices, together with relevant contact information, may be found on our website. Irrespective of how we obtain your personal data, it may be shared among all the offices within IPValue (both inside and outside the European Economic Area). Our global policy requires all offices to at all times ensure a level of data protection at least as protective as those mandated by the European Economic Area. We may also need to transfer personal data to third parties, including third parties based outside the European Economic Area, for example (but not limited to) sub-contractors, other counsel and accountants and third parties involved in your matters. Where we share or transfer your personal data, we will do this in accordance with applicable data protection laws and will take appropriate safeguards to ensure its integrity and protection. To the extent your personal data is shared with us by our entities in Europe under Standard Contractual Clauses, you can obtain a copy of these Clauses and/or raise a complaint in relation to the same, by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. To the extent we subsequently disclose this personal data to a third party, we will do so only for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice.
We will take appropriate technical and organizational measures against unauthorized or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data in accordance with our internal security procedures covering its storage, access and destruction. Personal data may be stored on our own technology systems or those of our vendors or in paper files.
We will delete your personal data when you withdraw your consent (where applicable), provided that we are not legally required or otherwise permitted to continue to hold such data. We may retain your personal data for an additional period to the extent deletion would require us to overwrite our automated disaster recovery backup systems or to the extent we deem it necessary to assert or defend legal claims during any relevant retention period.
In addition to your rights under applicable data protection legislation and where we are permitted or required by applicable law and regulation and by our professional obligations, we will provide you, upon request, with a copy of your personal data and we will correct any errors identified by you. Except as set forth above, we will not use your data for any automated decision making and you have the right to restrict our processing of your personal data as well as the right to lodge a complaint with supervisory authorities regarding the processing of your personal data. We will refrain from sending you marketing materials without your express consent and will also comply with your request to stop sending any such further communications. All such requests, or any questions or comments regarding this policy or our handling of your personal data, should be addressed to email@example.com.
This Privacy Notice was updated in December 2021. We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect changing legal requirements or our processing practices. Any such changes will be posted on this website and will be effective upon posting.